How to use prediction
Playing NUT’s Prediction lets you test your foresight to earn rewards
Use your market knowledge or gut feeling to predict if the BTCUSDT price will go up or down in the near future. Get it right and you’ll collect a share of the round’s prize pool!
NUT’s Prediction is a new product that we still consider to be in beta. We may make changes in the future to improve Prediction. As always, the NUT team will inform users of any changes that will impact how the product works.
Before you can use Prediction, you’ll need to review and accept the terms.
Visit the NUT Prediction page. You will see a “Welcome!” window explaining that the Prediction product is still in beta.
Read and accept the conditions then click Continue.
The Prediction page shows quite a bit of information. Predictions operate in 10 minute rounds. Make your prediction before a round goes live to join in.
To enter a round of Prediction, you'll want to check how long is left in the current round. You'll find the timer in the top-right area.
If the timer is too low your prediction may not confirm in time, so check there's still plenty of time left before you make a prediction (30 seconds should be plenty, but give yourself more time if you're following along with this guide).
When you're sure you have enough time, you can place your prediction for the next round.
1. In the "Next" section you'll see a green Enter UP button and a red Enter DOWN button. Click Enter UP if you want to predict a rise in price, and click Enter DOWN if you want to predict a drop in price.
Each will have a different reward multiplier. The multiplier will change over time as the "Prize Pool" increases depending on people's predictions. The Prize Pool is shown just above the buttons.
We'll choose Enter UP for this example.
2. A new window will open. In the window, you'll see "Commit" to commit NUT for your prediction. Type the amount of NUT you would like to commit to your prediction for this round in the field. You can also use the bunny slider or click the percent buttons if you prefer.
3. Once you've decided the amount to commit, click Confirm and confirm your action in your wallet.
The confirm button will fade out as your transaction confirms. This short wait is why we checked the round timer earlier to make sure we would have time to make our prediction.
4. After your transaction confirms, an "ENTERED" message will appear.
There's nothing left to do now but wait for your Prediction round to go live.
A live round will last for 10 minutes. You can watch the price update during the 10 minutes if you'd like.
You cannot change your prediction during a live round, however. You are locked into your prediction from earlier.
After 10 minutes as the live round, your entered round will finish. Everything is automatic, so there's nothing you need to do to end the round.
As the 10 minutes finish, the "LIVE" section will change to "Calculating". Calculating the results only takes a moment.
After a short wait, the finished round will move left and say "Expired". The result of the round will display with either UP colored in green, or DOWN colored in red.
3. If you've been busy and missed the results, you can scroll back a few rounds by clicking the left arrow on the top prediction cards.
If you want to see the results for rounds you've entered that are older than a few rounds, you'll need to follow the steps below to find the results.
Click on the reversing clock icon next to the round timer.
A "History" panel will open. By default, you should see your most recent round at the top of the list. Click anywhere on the round to see more information.
1. If you won your entered round, a Collect Winnings button will appear next to a gold trophy. Click the button.
Your NUT winnings will now be in your wallet.
If you'd like to see how you've done overall in Prediction, you can view PNL (Profit and Loss) data whenever you'd like.
1. On the Prediction page, click the reversing clock icon next to the round timer. A "History" panel will open.
2. On the history panel, click the PNL tab.
The tab will open with stats for your historic performance in Prediction, including your net results, average return, best round, and other information.
3. You can click the View Reclaimed & Won button at the bottom of the PNL tab to view those transactions on the BscScan explorer.