Comment on page
Verified contract address:
No, you’ll be able to collect your winnings at any time in the future.
- Payout Ratio for UP Pool = Total Value of Both Pools ÷ Value of UP Pool
- Payout Ratio for DOWN Pool = Total Value of Both Pools ÷ Value of DOWN Pool
For example, if there’s 15 NUT in the DOWN side of a round, and the overall prize pool is 150NUT, the DOWN payout ratio will be (150/15)=10x.
- Payout Amount = Payout Ratio × Position × (1 - Treasury Fee)
In the above case, if the round ends on a DOWN result, if you committed 2 NUT to a DOWN position, you’d get a payout of (2*10) × (1-0.05) = 19.0 NUT. Your profit would be 17.0 NUT(19.0 - 2).
The treasury fee is currently set at 5%: this may be subject to changes, which would be announced on NUT’s official communication channels. Treasury fees are used to pay Oracle fee and burn NUT
5% of each round's total pot will go to the treasury, which will be used to pay Oracle fee and burn NUT.
NUT uses Binance sources for our price feeds. They each have their own purpose within the prediction market:
- Used for the Lock price and End price of each prediction market round. This updates in intervals of 10 minutes.
- Our NUT Oracle use data from Binance API.
- Used for real-time price updates on the NUT prediction market interface.
If only one side of a round has positions entered into it, then that side loses, the losing funds will be sent to the treasury.
For example: User A enters an UP position, no one else enters a DOWN position. User A loses, and there are no opposing positions for the winnings to be paid out to. Funds are sent to treasury.
In the very rare occurrence that the Locked Price is exactly the same as the Closed Price, no one wins, and all funds entered into positions will be sent to the treasury.
No. Once you enter a position, you can NOT change the direction, add to, or remove your position. It's locked in, so make sure you're 100% happy with your position direction before confirming.
When you collect winnings, they might not appear in your wallet’s transaction logs as usual. This is because they use a different type of transaction: Internal transactions. Enter your wallet address on Hecoinfo, then check the “Internal Txns” tab to confirm that they’ve arrived.
There’s a 15 block buffer on each round, which can cause delays of up to 45 seconds after the end of a round. This buffer is to accommodate for the fact that we may not be able to reliably fetch a price and end a round immediately: various blockchain factors affect the speed in which transactions get confirmed on the network.
Make sure you have enough HT in your wallet to pay for gas fees. You’ll need a little HT to trigger the smart contract.
Markets are paused when there are conditions which affect the reliability of the contract. Markets being paused means that no bets will be taking place for any rounds.
The prediction market will pause under the following conditions:
- 1.The prediction contract has been unable to obtain the price from the NUT oracle due to the oracle not having posted the price at the time the round has ended.
- 2.The prediction contract has been unable to execute an action (ending a round or getting a price from the oracle) due to the tx being stuck in the mempool for longer than 15 blocks.
The markets will resume when an admin (one of the chefs) manually resumes the market.
If the markets pause while you have a live position, your funds will be available to reclaim, the same way as you would normally claim your winnings.
To reclaim funds, you’ll need to pay some gas fees. We can’t compensate you for the gas fees, so please bear this small risk in mind before participating.